Data and Machine Learning Specialist – Computer Vision/Machine Learning (m/f)
Successful candidates will work on an exciting long-term R&D project in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning for automotive industry, contributing to general efforts in the direction of autonomous vehicles. In this project, training of machine learning algorithms requires preparing appropriate training data, selecting hyperparameters of machine learning algorithms, managing and maintaining training tools, evaluating results, and continually improving the training process. The work is mostly done using the existing tools, so this job is not focused on implementing new machine learning algorithms, but on improving classification performance and creating new classifiers using the existing infrastructure.
We are looking for highly motivated and responsible individuals with great attention to detail, who will join our teams of Computer Vision/Machine Learning experts working on the described project. Your workplace will be in Zagreb, but some teams are in Sweden, so the work may involve occasional short visits.
As part of the team, you will constantly seek to expand your knowledge through constructive thinking, discussion and latest scientific publications and conferences, and to creatively apply this knowledge to real-world problems faced by the project.
Expected qualifications and competences for a Data and Machine Learning Specialist are:
– Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related degree
– Understanding statistics and/or machine learning principles
– Knowledge and experience with at least two programming languages: Matlab, Python, C
– Experience with running trainings of machine learning algorithms is not required, but it is a plus
– Knowledge and experience with writing SQL queries is not required, but it is a plus
The general responsibilities of a Data and Machine Learning Specialist are as follows:
– Prepare, run, manage, and optimize trainings of machine learning algorithms
– Prepare appropriate data for training machine learning algorithms in terms of data specification, selection, verification, and troubleshooting
– Work with teams to improve the training process and tools
– Evaluate performance of machine learning algorithms and optimize hyperparameters
– Support other teams with machine learning tasks
– Communicate with external teams working on data collection and annotation
What we offer
This is an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated, self-driven person to challenge and expand his/her knowledge in state of the art Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms while solving real-world problems within an exciting and futuristic industrial field (more details shall be presented at interview). Additionally, you will work in a cross-site, cross-functional environment where you will gain experience in all the tools and processes needed for this kind of collaboration. Furthermore, Visage Technologies offers a well-organized, pleasant working environment with a young and enthusiastic team. The company pays lots of attention to working conditions as well as long-term benefits and employee competence development.
How to apply
Send us your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your application!