visage|SDK™ FaceTrack package is an extremely powerful, accurate and configurable face tracking engine. It automatically finds and tracks the face and facial features in video sequences in real time and returns full 2D and 3D head pose (translation and rotation), gaze information, 2D and 3D facial features coordinates, and a wealth of other information.
- For each processed video frame, returns 2D and 3D head pose and other information
- Tracks the mouth contour, chin pose, eyebrow contours, eye closure and eye rotation (gaze direction)
- Fully automatic operation
- Instant initialization: tracking starts immediately when the face is visible
- Robustly recovers from any losses due to occlusions, face turning away, tracked person coming and going etc.
- Automatically re-initializes if a new person appears in front of the camera
- Lightweight technology enables high performance across the whole range of supported platforms
Face tracking inputs
- Tracks from any standard camera type (including webcams and mobile phone cameras) or any video file format thanks to the raw image interface
- Tracks in color or grayscale image, including near-infrared (internal preprocessing is applied on multichannel images)
- Configurable face search range (minimal and maximal face size to be detected and tracked, relative to image size)
- Sustainable tracking on faces as small as 30×30 pixels
- Wide head-pose range: achievable tracking on faces with up to 90 degrees of yaw, 60 degrees of roll and 30 degrees of pitch
- Extensive tracking distances: for example, for a webcam with resolution 1920×1080 (Logitech C920), tracker can be configured to detect and track faces up to ~7.25 meters from the camera (via min_face_scale parameter set to 0.025, considerable performance tradeoff)
Face tracking outputs
The tracker offers easy-to-use API for accessing the tracking data on-the-fly during tracking operation. The available data includes:
Application development/platform availability
Fully configurable tracker
Face tracking is fully configurable through an extensive set of parameters in easily manageable configuration files. The configuration file fully defines the tracker operation, in effect customizing the tracker for a particular application. Default configuration files include:
- Facial features tracking configuration
- Head tracking configuration.
Extensive documentation allows users to create own application-specific configurations. The documentation lists and documents all available configuration options. A partial list of main options is here:
- Performance optimization via trade-off against precision and/or tracked features.
- Input, work and display resolution settings.
- Camera mirror option (flip camera image horizontaly).
- Video file sync option (skip frames to sync or process all frames).
- Smoothing filters to reduce noise in tracking results.
- Full control of the 3D head model internally used by the tracker, including the animation rig (this advanced option can potentially be used to completely replace the 3D model by a custom one).
Furthermore, Visage Technologies consulting and custom development services are available to adapt the technology in terms of precision, performance and any other requirements in order to meet the needs of specific applications.