visage|SDK FaceTrack reliably tracks 3D head pose, full facial features and eyes/gaze for multiple faces in video coming from a camera, video file or other sources. FaceTrack is a fully-configurable powerful package that includes:
- Head tracking
- Face tracking
- Face and facial landmarks/features detection
- Real-time tracking of multiple faces and facial features in input video or images
- Returns 2D and 3D head pose, the coordinates of facial feature points (e.g. chin tip, nose tip, lip corners, mouth contour, chin pose, eyebrow contours), fitted 3D face model, eye closure and eye rotation (gaze direction)
- Fully automatic operation
- Instant initialization: tracking starts immediately when the face is visible
- Robust recovery from any losses due to occlusions, face turning away, tracked person coming and going etc.
- Lightweight technology enabling high performance across a whole range of supported platforms
- A detailed Technical Specification brochure is available, including measurements of accuracy, performance, code size, data size and memory usage – contact us to request it
- Tracks from any standard camera type (including webcams and mobile phone cameras) or any video file format thanks to the raw image interface
- Tracks in color or grayscale image, including near-infrared
- Configurable face search range (minimal and maximal face size to be detected and tracked)
- Sustainable tracking on faces as small as 30×30 pixels
- Wide head-pose range: achievable tracking on rotations up to 90 degrees of yaw, 90 degrees of roll and 30 degrees of pitch
- Extensive tracking distances: for example, for a webcam with resolution 1920×1080 (Logitech C920), tracker can be configured to detect and track faces up to ~7.25 meters from the camera (with performance tradeoff)
The tracker offers easy-to-use API for accessing the tracking data on-the-fly during tracking operation. The available data includes, for each face:
Fully configurable tracker
Face tracking is fully configurable through an extensive set of parameters in easily manageable configuration files. The configuration file fully defines the tracker operation, in effect customizing the tracker for a particular application. Default configuration files include:
- Facial features tracking configuration (Low and High)
- Head tracking configuration.
Extensive documentation allows users to create own application-specific configurations. The documentation lists and documents all available configuration options. A partial list of main options is here:
- Performance optimization via precision and/or number of tracked features versus speed tradeoff
- Input, work and display resolution settings.
- Camera mirror option (flip camera image horizontaly).
- Smoothing filters to reduce noise in tracking results.
- Full control of the 3D head model internally used by the tracker, including the animation rig (this advanced option can potentially be used to completely replace the 3D model by a custom one).
Furthermore, Visage Technologies consulting and custom development services are available to adapt the technology in terms of precision, performance and any other requirements in order to meet the needs of specific applications.