Software Engineer in Test – Computer Vision/Machine Learning (m/f)
Successful candidates will work on an exciting long-term R&D project in the field of Computer Vision and Machine Learning for automotive industry, contributing to general efforts in the direction of increasingly autonomous vehicles. In this type of projects, software testing has additional dimensions in comparison to traditional software testing. It supports research in sense of choosing and validating methods, but it also ensures that the ML-based system has a known and controlled behavior in the whole range of scenarios, including edge and negative cases.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who will challenge ML algorithms by designing comprehensive test cases, automating and improving test tools, evaluating performance of ML algorithms, and participating in R&D activities. You will be working within a mixed Croatian and Swedish team of top-level Computer Vision/Machine Learning experts. Work may involve occasional short travel to Sweden.
As part of the team, you will constantly seek to expand your knowledge through constructive thinking, discussion and latest scientific publications and conferences, and to creatively apply this knowledge to real-world problems faced by the project.
Expected qualifications and competences for a Software Engineer in Test are:
– Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related degree
– Knowledge and experience with at least two programming languages: C, C++, C#, Python
– Understanding statistics and/or machine learning principles
– Knowledge and experience with writing SQL queries
– Experience in defining, documenting, writing and executing organized, thorough test plans
– Passion for test infrastructure and CI/CD
The general responsibilities of a Software Engineer in Test are as follows:
– Design and implement functional and non-functional test cases for a complex computer vision product
– Define measures and run evaluations using statistical comparisons
– Maintain and extend existing testing tools and frameworks
– Ensure required safety compliance by designing and conducting special test cases
– Reproducing problems reported by customers
– Work on research tasks when special evaluation is needed
What we offer
This is an excellent career opportunity for a highly motivated, self-driven person to challenge and expand his/her knowledge in state of the art Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms while solving real-world problems within an exciting and futuristic industrial field (more details shall be presented at interview). Additionally, you will work in a cross-site, cross-functional environment where you will gain experience in all the tools and processes needed for this kind of collaboration. Furthermore, Visage Technologies offers a well-organized, pleasant working environment with a young and enthusiastic team. The company pays lots of attention to working conditions as well as long-term benefits and employee competence development.
How to apply
Send us your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com. We look forward to your application!